Reports to: Manager
The Oakland Promise seeks a detail-oriented and collaborative coordinator with excellent organizational, communication, and systems management skills and a passion for expanding opportunities for Oakland children and families. The Partnerships & Outreach Coordinator will be a part of an innovative and dynamic team tasked with streamlining stakeholders (mentors and scholars) outreach efforts to create more visibility for OP programs, resources, and partnerships at scale. The team works to create cohesive and collaborative systems to generate internal and external efficiencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for OP’s target demographic
● Support partnership development and management in alignment with the growing College Access (CA) and College Completion (CC) programs
● Create and edit digital content for program outreach and informational materials
● Support management resource-sharing systems between programs, including making website updates, newsletters, and social media content
● Support with overall planning and execution of program events to ensure all program participants have a positive experience and achieve program outcomes
● Support mentor outreach through presentations for onboarding and enrollment
● Work closely with the Data team to align on processes
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing deadlines
● Excellent communication and writing skills
● Deep commitment to and passion for the vision of the Oakland Promise
● Proficiency in GSuite/Microsoft, Canva, WordPress, Campaign Monitor, & Salesforce preferred. Strong self-motivation and ability to operate effectively with limited direct management
● Previous partnerships and outreach experience
● Proficient with Salesforce Databases
● Experience with Canva or other graphics programs
● Experience in the fields of education or college access or college success or mentoring
● Knowledge of and connections to Oakland communities
● Full-time exempt position
● Oakland Promise offers 401k, medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation, and sick-time.
● Some evening and weekend hours may be required
We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately, and encourage you to apply if you are interested
in and qualified for the position.
To apply: Send a single PDF (NOT a Microsoft Word document) of a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with “Partnerships & Outreach Coordinator- [Your Name]” in the subject line. Please use your last name and first initial (ex: Doe_J) as the filename of your PDF containing your resume and cover letter.
Failure to follow these instructions may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received.