Duties & Responsibilities:
- Kindergarten to College Implementation
- Ensure that a cohort (~15) of our K2C schools implement the program with fidelity i. Organize and lead K2C programming: scholarship celebrations and account activation, workshops facilitation as needed, college and career week; student enrichment kit distribution
- Support additional engagement events that drive towards schools’ K2C goals iii. Conduct site visits – in-person or virtual – to continue to cultivate relationships with K2C school-based teams
- Communicate Oakland Promise-wide events
- Train school staff and/or facilitate K2C informational meetings with parents/students & support with scholarship account activation and/or college savings account
- Design, enhance and implement outreach strategies to engage families in K2C d. Maintain accurate and updated school records – logging, tracking and analyzing school cohort data regularly
- Program Content & Infrastructure Development
- Lead our 5th grade support strategy, and support with other program design elements b. Support with K2C content and curriculum development, ranging from student-facing to family-facing materials
- Support with community partnership outreach and build out
- Support with data and other program infrastructure
- Organize and/or support K2C events for Oakland Promise K2C schools
- Project plan and lead K2C events, as determined
- Support in planning & executing K2C’s College and Career Week
- Manage and/or support K2C’s social media presence – design outreach strategy, create content for platforms, and increase following and engagement on various platforms b. Create templates, documents and resources that support K2C program outreach 5. Other
- Research CSAs, college going culture, etc. as needed
- Be a team player and support with general Oakland Promise events
- If bilingual, provide translation and/or interpretation support
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep commitment to educational equity
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to details, and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines required
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
- Own vehicle/transportation for travel to sites
We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately, and encourage you to apply if you are interested in and qualified for the position.
To apply: Send a single PDF (NOT a Microsoft Word document) of a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with “K2C Elementary Program Associate – [Your Name]” in the subject line. Please use your last name and first initial (ex: Doe_J) as the filename of your PDF containing your resume and cover letter.
Failure to follow these instructions may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received.
Make a huge difference in the Oakland community!
Join our team! Send applications to [email protected]