Oakland Promise seeks detail-oriented operations and human resources coordinator with excellent organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, effective time management, organizing meetings, assisting with company events, ordering office supplies, implementing and maintaining staff procedures, office administrative systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and support all administrative duties and ensure that the office runs smoothly
- Manage office supply inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform receptionist duties, greet visitors and help answer and direct phone calls
- Receive and sort incoming mail and manage outgoing mail
- Help in the planning and execution of office events and PR events
- Credit card reconciliation and procurements
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves
- Support HR with process of recruitment, including vetting candidates and setting up interviews
- Contact references and perform background checks
- Support HR-related training programs, workshops and seminars
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing deadlines
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Deep commitment to and passion for the vision of the Oakland Promise
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proficient with Google Suite tools
- Strong self-motivation and ability to operate effectively with limited direct management
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- Full-time exempt position
- Oakland Promise offers medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation, and sick-time.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required
We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately, and encourage you to apply if you are interested in and qualified for the position.
To apply: Send a single PDF (NOT a Microsoft Word document) of a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with “OP Development Coordinator- [Your Name]” in the subject line. Please use your last name and first initial (ex: Doe_J) as the filename of your PDF containing your resume and cover letter.
Failure to follow these instructions may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received.
Make a huge difference in the Oakland community!
Join our team! Send applications to [email protected]