College Completion Educational Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Director of College Access and College Completion
The Oakland Promise, College Access and Completion Team, seeks a creative and
collaborative manager with excellent organizational, communication, and systems management skills and a passion for expanding opportunities for Oakland children and families. The Educational Partnerships Manager will be an innovative and dynamic team tasked with creating new partnerships to generate new programming or resources for all students and families. This role will advocate for the program teams’ needs and support logistics and communication. The team works to create cohesive and collaborative systems to generate internal and external efficiencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Develop and maintain community partnerships for the college completion and access
program teams to support the direct service work.
● Review formal contracts, agreements, or MOUs to maintain compliance with external
● Integrate partnerships into the existing OP program structure
● Liaise with other OP programs to ensure ‘through lines’ are carried with fidelity through
Access and Completion.
● Create and maintain an evaluation and feedback loop process for internal and external
stakeholders to review the beneficial qualities of partnerships
Communication & Collaboration
● Cultivate a creative and collaborative space with internal stakeholders to generate new
partnerships that will benefit all stakeholders.
● Consistently communicate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of
partnerships with internal program staff to determine mutually beneficial and equitable
● Support Communication program staff with strategic communication plans, create new
content, and lead resource sharing between programs.
● Lead logistic coordination for in-person and virtual program events
● Facilitation of the event coordination, stakeholder meetings, and budget dissemination
● With continuous evaluation, think critically about new and prospective partnerships to
benefit all stakeholders to elevate services.
● Research and present on partnerships that can enhance and scale programming.
● Create and maintain strategic workflows for communication, resource-sharing, and event planning
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage
multiple competing deadlines
● Excellent communication and writing skills
● Deep commitment to and passion for the vision of the Oakland Promise
● Proficiency in GSuite/Microsoft, Canva, WordPress, Campaign Monitor, & Salesforce
● Strong self-motivation and ability to operate effectively with limited direct management
● Previous partnerships and outreach experience
● Proficient with Salesforce Databases
● Experience with Canva or other graphics programs
● Experience in the fields of education or college access
● Knowledge of and connections to Oakland communities
● Full-time, exempt position
● Oakland Promise offers medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation, and sick time.
● Some evening and weekend hours may be required
We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately and encourage you to apply if you are interested and qualified for the position. To apply: Send a single PDF (NOT a Microsoft Word document) of a resume and thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with “Educational Partnerships Manager- [Your
Name]” in the subject line. Please use your last name and first initial (ex: Doe_J) as the filename of your PDF containing your resume and cover letter.
Failure to follow these instructions may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately, and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevents us from responding to all applications received.